From generosity to the local organizations like non-profits will go a very long way in building and establishing reputation of the organization. The community service will include providing the service pro bono and donating money, food or time for the event and fundraiser.
Maintain your word doesn’t matter what in the terms of offering services, paying to vendors while they are due, as well as keeping promises to the customers. This may help to solidify and build the credibility with their customers.
Resolve Errors & Mistakes
Do not make any excuses and place blame on customer if it’s the issue that is fault of yours or company. Irate customer will become your ally if you ever make effort to resolve the errors and mistakes as fast as possible.
Get Technologically Savvy
By demonstrating proficiency in technology will add to reputation of the company and is important to getting perceived as competent or capable business. Software, computers, websites, voicemail, as well as social media web sites should be kept updated.
Business Reputation Management
In business, reputation counts. In world where it is easier to share views with everybody in the world, terrible review, critical blog post or complaint from the former employee can be a first thing that the potential customer sees. Impact on business can be devastating. The social media and web are where the companies spend plenty of money and time to build the brand value. It is also a place where the customers share their feedback and opinions about the experiences with brand. Unfortunately, many customer feedback as well as complaints about products, companies, and services are been ignored or without reply on the social media. It is the missed opportunity. The online management services are best solution to build great reputation online or to regain this in the prompt way.
Why you must use the reputation management services?
Reputation management services online will help businesses and individuals both to:
- • Maintain and build the positive web presence, so it is a first things that potential customer sees on internet.
- • Help the business to improve and speed the market intelligence, competitive research, product development, and customer service.
- • Identify any weak signals, positive and negative sentiment about content and keywords to target to your audience by SEO or social media marketing.
In order, to make most of the reputation management services, first you have to understand what is said about your business on internet.
To know what people have to say about the company, you require technology that will understand language that is used by the customers to express on the social media. Using the cognitive technology, you may understand unique aspects of the social language, which includes jargon, slang, abbreviations, acronyms, to hear & comprehend intent, preferences, sentiment, and trends to what customers and market, have to say about your company or brand.
Learn how you can convert the social media conversations for business intelligence with Kalhost. Contact us now for free demo!
Importance of the Business Reputation
Reputation of the business is necessary for its survival. Confidence and trust of consumer will have the direct and the profound effect on the company’s bottom line. Currently, importance of the reputation has become more and more apparent, as the companies like Toyota and BP had to cultivate the responses to crises to maintain standing and reputation of the companies to the entire world.
In past, the businesses relied on the word of mouth of their stakeholders to establish, maintain and build the reputations. In the modern age of the social networking, web sites, and methods of the instant communication, businesses should be conscientious of the reputations on constant basis and stay responsive for any crisis that might have impact on the reputation.
If the organization has good reputation in marketplace, the consumers might have preference for a company even though there are the similar businesses offering same products and services for the different prices. Reputation of the organization will enable the company to differentiate the product in very competitive markets, and allow this to have the premium pricing, and will become ultimate factor whether the customer opts to patronize a business over other.
Research also shows, that due to the increased demand for the healthier foods, the organic products, or environmentally friendly food, the companies have started to distinguish the products through the food labeling, as well as are noticing that the consumers are keen to pay the premium rate for the labels that are been considered to have prestigious reputation than the others.
Increase the profitability and establish in a market
Organizations who are looking to build the reputations will do so in many ways to increase the profitability and establish in a market.
- 1. Stay responsive: Return the calls and answer all the emails promptly, letting customer to know the importance to you & your organization.
- 2. Give value: Giving free services to your loyal customers as well as paying attention on details or preferences of customer will go very long way in establishing the company’s reputation in market.
- 3. Stay sensitive to your privacy: With hacking and identity theft, being aware of sensitive nature of the financial information is important than before.
- 4. Communicate transparently and effectively: Correspondence like emails, letters, voicemails as well as other methods of the communication must be direct and at point. You can use right spelling or grammar and leave the contact information for customer & company information like full name, phone, address, website URL, fax, number, hours as well as other information –will be displayed in the prominent location.
- 5. Maintain polished & professional website: Having clean, updated, professional web site is vital today, irrespective of type and size of the business.
Social media sites reputation
Before age of the social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, reputation of the business mainly relied on the word-of-mouth and cultivated campaigns by the public relations or marketing firms. Maintaining reputation of the company through the social media takes a little time and needs educating stakeholders within organization, and making them totally aware of the company’s internal values as well as key messages that have to get conveyed and creating the united and consistent voice. Businesses will establish reputation of the company by:
- 1. Assigning right responsibility: As the business leader, you should trust somebody to have an ability to become “face” for your organization on the social networking website. Select somebody who may have time to dedicate on updating or maintaining social networking website and responding to the customer inquiries and complaints.
- 2. Keep staff educated and informed: Give your staff idea about what can or cannot be told on the social networking web sites and keeping them totally aware of latest marketing or communication campaigns and any type of the company policy, which will get implemented that may have impact on customers. Keep every division and staff members totally aware of one another so message that are disseminated will stay consistent to mission & “voice” of company.
- 3. Stay responsive in the times of crisis: Lack of well-crafted and well-meaning response can cost you.” Making numerous social media websites has given the customers many options to voice the opinions – either positive or negative – about your business. Taking the ownership of social media web sites can give you control you want to manage conversation as well as quickly respond to the feedback. Monitoring & responding to the customers or resolving issues fast will go very long way in establishing the positive reputation for the organization.
- 4. Establish online reputation: When potential customer searches on internet for name of company, your business must be on first page. Additionally, the social networking web sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn must be on there when those web sites are made and established. Making strong presence online is necessary for the organization to establish the brand and maintain the reputation.
- 5. Monitor your conversations: When social media web sites are made and established, you can use the social media tools like Google Alerts, SocialMention or Trackur to find what type of feedback that your company is getting; this is the time-saving option for person who is in charge of the social media content. As social media web sites are the public platform in the real time, reputation of the company is also apparent to al ot of potential customers, how your company reacts might have impact on purchasing decisions.
Ten main components of the organizational reputation
American study indicates that there are 10 main components of the organizational reputation that is used in the reputation measurement systems:
- 1. Employees and workplace: organization has got talented employees, and treats the people well, as well as is the appealing workplace.
- 2. Ethics: organization behaves ethically, also is admirable, worthy of respect, as well as trustworthy.
- 3. Financial performance: organization is strong financially, has record of profitability as well as has growth prospects.
- 4. Management: organization is nicely managed, has quality management, as well as has clear vision for future.
- 5. Leadership: organization is the leader than the follower, and is also innovative.
- 6. Customer focus: organization cares about or is strongly committed to their customers.
- 7. Social responsibility: organization recognizes the social responsibilities, as well as supports good causes.
- 8. Reliability: organization stands behind the products or services, and gives consistent service.
- 9. Quality: organization offers best quality of products or services.
- 10. Emotional appeal: it’s the organization that I feel good, is kind and fun.
Some additional components were also found in some systems studied and these included value, presence, differentiation, as well as communication quality.
REPUTATION OF BUSINESS DEPENDS ON FACTORS
Reputation of the business depends on many factors, including in ensuring that business delivers on the promises to customers as well as vendors. Staying transparent, responsive and trustworthy are necessary to survival of company. Whereas considered as intangible asset, and maintaining positive reputation is also fundamental to profitability, existence and relevance of business. Negative word-of-mouth, and lack of response for crisis or lack of the transparency will fast decimate reputation of the company, thus it is necessary that the business owners stay steadfast in maintaining the goodwill to the stakeholders.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Where as intangible concept, having the good reputation will benefit the business in many ways including: support for the organization in crisis and controversy; consumer preference; and future value of the organization in marketplace.